Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Chocholate Kahlua Cake


Chocholate Kahlua Cake Posted by Picasa

I can't tell a lie, I used "premeasured ingredients" for this cake. I wanted to bake something for work, but I didnt have any buttermilk for my favorite from scratch cake, Black Magic( the cake that won be first place at the Exeter Fair).

I did have a few cake mixes, some instant chocolate pudding, some kahlua and some choc. chips( my own addition).

I really think cake mixes get a bad wrap, of course I would never use a yellow mix, too artifical tasting, but I've succesfully used the french vanilla, devil's food and Butter pecan mixes (with added ingredients) all to rave reviews.

Did you know that a large percentage of wedding cake bakers use mixes because they hold their shape so well? Most people just care about the way the wedding cake looks anyway.

I'll let the women at work tell me what they think!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ana said...

That cake looks very nice Randi. Do you have a recipe?

6:10 AM, July 28, 2005

 
Blogger Dawna said...

Looks pretty tasty to me!

10:57 AM, July 29, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOKS GREAT... Milk please

11:32 PM, August 01, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I am interested in hearing from others

10:58 AM, January 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home