Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Just plain chicken salad


Just plain Chicken salad Posted by Picasa

I seem to get myself in lunch ruts. I love sandwiches so I tend to stick with the same ole' every day. Either turkey( roast, not smoked) or Tuna salad( albacore). Every once in a while, I'll eat some leftovers or I'll get a hankering for a big salad, but usually its a sandwich.

While at the grocerystore the other day( which seems to be an everyday thing) I noticed some skinless chicken breasts on sale for 2.49lb. That's a really great price, especially for Canada so I picked up a package and decided to make some chicken salad. I really dont care for poached chicken at all. Too bland, too rubbery. I prefer to sprinkle the pieces with a touch of EVOO and a little spice blend and roast at around 375 for 45min. Perfection everytime. I diced up the cooled chicken, added a couple diced ribs of celery, some chopped herbs and hellman's mayo. I ate this open faced on some toasted oatmeal bread that I baked a couple days ago. Yummy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ana said...

I know all about getting in a lunch rut, or even in a supper rut for that matter.

What is EVOO?

1:32 PM, July 06, 2005

 
Blogger eat stuff said...

you can buy chicken in a can????

10:10 PM, August 25, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home