Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I feel ripped off......


Funky Money Parfait Posted by Picasa

Ok, I know that the serving size of Cooking Light recipes is pretty small, but this one really is small. I wanted to make us a nice portion control dessert for tonight. Robin loves Peanut butter and one of her most favorite desserts that I make is Peanut Butter Pie. I'm sure I could reduce the calories and fat, but I didnt want the whole pie sitting in our fridge, calling out Robin's name.

This recipe calls for Nutter Butters and since we cant get those in Ontario, I used some Our Compliments Peanut butter sandwich cookies. I made a pudding with low-fat milk, cocoa, sugar and splenda( I used some splenda instead of all sugar) and cornstarch. Layer that with bananas, the crushed cookies and there you have it. This recipe was supposed to make 8 parfaits, but I barley sqeeked out 5. I topped each parfait with some light coolwhip.

In other news, I just got another client. She wants a creamy soup for 8ppl and a salad. Im making butternut squash soup with apple, bacon and sage and my famous chinese chicken salad. She called today for tomorrow delivery, so I better get cracking.

4 Comments:

Blogger eat stuff said...

Hi Randi
if you send me an email eatstuff at gmail dot com I will email you the recipes :)

That cook book is fantastic!

7:42 PM, September 28, 2005

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

No Nutter Butters? That's just cruel...I could send some to you?!

9:43 PM, September 28, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That butternut squash soup sounds delish! Will you be posting about it? ;) (hint, hint)

9:51 AM, September 29, 2005

 
Blogger Joe said...

I know what you mean - sometimes the serving size they have are ridiculous but that's what they do when they can't get their Caloric %'s where they need to be - just up the servings and its fixed!

8:17 PM, September 29, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home