Saturday, October 01, 2005

Date nut pudding with vanilla sauce(CL)


date nut pudding with vanilla sauce(CL) Posted by Picasa

OK, last one for today. Since we were eating kinda trashy for lunch/dinner, I wanted to make a semi healthy dessert. I went to CL and this was on the front page. I had everything in the fridge. Cake was straightforward and I really like the vanilla sauce. I used a whole bean instead of the extract. This will be my new go to light creme anglaise in the future. I also didnt have 1%, I had some 2% so I used that. Chelsea really loved the dessert( what doesnt the kid love?) and even Robin who doesnt like fruit desserts, liked it. It certainly wasnt sticky toffee pudding, but it wasnt bad for a light dessert. Oh, I also cut the sugar in the topping and it the cake. I used 1/4 cup of splenda instead in place of 1/4 cup of the sugar in the cake. I cut the brown sugar topping in half. Still, it was plenty sweet.

I'm so done cooking for the weekend. My MIL will be taking us out to dinner tomorrow night. I cooked a lot this week, for work and for us. I need a break.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Looks so good! I've had my eye on this one for awhile but not sure if this is something we would like.

3:56 PM, October 02, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home