Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sole Meuinere


sole meuinere Posted by Picasa

I've wanted to prepare fish this way for some time. This recipe comes from Cook's Illustrated and its very simple. I used fresh sole. I lightly dusted the sole with flour, salt and pepper. Next, I put a knob of butter and a dash of evoo in a non-stick pan. Cook the fish without moving for 5 min, flip and cook another 5 min. Transfer to a pan and put in the oven for about 5 more min. To the pan, add the juice of one lemon and a handful of sliced almonds and 4tbls more butter. Cook until the butter is brown and foamy. Pour this over the fish. I served with a pine nut couscous and steamed brocolli.

Saturday we had our thanksgiving. I forgot to bring my camera to my MIL's house, but suffice it to say you didnt miss much. A very basic Canadian Thanksgiving.

We;re off to Florida tomorrow for a week. Expect lots of posts about our food when we get back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Have fun with your trip! Stay safe and say Hi to Mickey for us if you are anywhere near disney :)

9:24 AM, October 11, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home