Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Butterfinger bars.........


Butterfinger bars Posted by Picasa

Last week while I was perusing the nestle website I came across these bars. I didnt have the butterfingers so I had to wait. I picked up a bag of mini's in MI and made them the other day. They are actually called something else and the recipe says use butterfinger jingles. I decided to chop up mini's. Robin loved these bars. She cant stop raving about them. I knew she'd like them because she is a peanut butter freak. I didnt like the bars the first day, but I enjoyed them on day 2. The flavor developed nicely. They are very rich. The recipe calls for 9 inch square, but in my opinion, they are too thick. Next time I will use a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Ingredients:

30 NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Jingles, unwrapped
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda


Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

BEAT brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour and baking soda. Stir in Nestlé Jingles.

PRESS dough into 9-inch-square baking pan, distributing Nestlé Jingles evenly.

BAKE for 25 minutes or until golden and wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.

watch them carefully, mine were done at 20 min.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randi--These sound so rich, and of course delicious! I love butterfingers, esp. the little bite-size ones that you find during Halloween. The kiddo is allergic to peanuts, so I get to eat the butterfingers and reese's cups, etc.

Congrats on your and Robin's marriage. I hope a day comes when the United States (not just VT and MA) realizes that any kind of marriage based on love is a good one and we should celebrate these things, not use them as wedge issues in politics. Ahem, I got up on my soapbox...

10:26 AM, November 03, 2005

 
Blogger FoodNinja said...

OMG.. that looks sooo tasty.. I cant wait to try these...

9:27 AM, November 05, 2005

 
Blogger Cookie Madness said...

I have picked out all the Buttefinger's from Emma's Halloween candy and plan to use them in these bars. Now I have to convert Butterfinger minis to Jingles.

10:31 AM, November 19, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home