Monday, December 26, 2005

Cookies......


Jam Thumbprints

milk chocolate chunk cookies Posted by Picasa

Wow, Im so far behind. So much to do and so little time. I did almost all of the holiday cooking and baking this season. I didnt mind as I love to do it, but I was sick with some weird cold/bacterial infection thing so maybe thats why my cookies look crappy.

The first recipe I used was Ina Garten's coconut jam thumbprints. Why is it that almost all of her recipes use over a cup of butter? I usually try to stick to recipes that use 1/2-1 cup of butter. However, these cookies used 3 sticks( 1 1/2 cups). The dough also has no eggs which I thought was kinda strange. They smelled wonderful as they were baking though and the tasted really great. Everyone loved them. I used my homeade rasberry plum jam and some jarred apricot.

Next up were some milk chocolate chunk cookies. I dont know what happened here, as they spread out quite a lot. This was a Martha Stewart recipe from the Holiday baking magazine. I used the Hershey's special dark cocoa so maybe thats why they spread so much. Nevertheless, the flavor was really intense.


I also made some butterscotch blondies but forgot to take a picture. Sorry!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home