Sunday, December 04, 2005

ROBIN COOKED FOR ME!!!


Chicken kiev, lemon spagetti Posted by Picasa

Wow, this is a monumental event. Robin cooked!! Can you tell how happy I am because of that? Robin has a specialty dish and its chicken kiev. I really really love to cook( I have a food blog don't I?) but sometimes( rarely) I am just not in the mood to cook for us. This started because of my business. Today, I spent about 2 hours roasting peppers, and making a greek chicken dish for clients( forgot to take picture, sorry). I just wasnt in the mood to make dinner. Robin came thru. While we were enjoying dinner, I asked her where she got this recipe and she said she saw it in a magazine about 20 years ago and she made this her signature dish. She really has perfected it. She has the flavor and texture down pact. As for the side dish, I sat in the kitchen and talked her thru the lemon spagetti. If you're not aware, that is a Giada De Laurentis recipe and we both really love it. Robin is a pasta girl. She'd rather eat pasta than rice or potatoes. If you like lemon, I really urge you to try the spagetti. Its fresh and tart and surprisingly light for having only olive oil, lemon juice and parmesean. We use reggiano for this, but you could use grana padano. I always use way more rind than the recipe calls for. We usually use a whole grain pasta, but I was using up the dregs from the pasta container so we used some fettucini.

Robin usally does the dishes because I cook, but she cleaned up as she cooked so there are no dishes. Im one lucky gal.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dawna said...

Gorgeous!

4:12 PM, December 04, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are lucky! Dinner and then the dishes too! And that chicken looks great :) The pasta sound lovely as well...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! :)

10:09 AM, December 05, 2005

 
Blogger Stephanie said...

Isn't it wonderful when someone else takes over for a change? Nice job, Robin!

10:32 AM, December 05, 2005

 
Blogger Joe said...

Go Robin!!!

8:10 PM, December 05, 2005

 
Blogger Cate said...

That Lemon Spaghetti is one of our favorites -- a great go-to dish on the weeknights. Way to go, Robin!

8:35 PM, December 05, 2005

 
Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Ooh, I'm glad you found me so I could find you. I'll be doing some snooping here.
I wish I had a wife!! But I'll be fine with a hubster.
Congratulations on finding a place to get married.
xx

5:49 PM, December 06, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're BOTH very lucky gals and I'm glad to hear you had a very special birthday, a break from cooking and all!

11:26 AM, December 08, 2005

 
Blogger shuna fish lydon said...

I think when the people we love cook for us cooks it is ALWAYS cause for celebration! (although I like to make my own birthday cake...)

Nice to find your site!

6:44 PM, December 12, 2005

 
Blogger Rachael Narins said...

Mmmmm. Sigh. Mmmmm.

You are both pretty lucky indeed. That looks FAB.

Excuse me, Im sort of swooning...mmmm

2:50 PM, December 16, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home