Monday, January 30, 2006

2 way pie.....



If you havent figured out by now that Robin really doesnt like fruit, you will after this post. Robin is a peanut butter freak. She loves it so much, I think she has some each day. My sister told me about a peanut butter pie recipe that is somewhat trashy. It's pure convience food, the stuff you take to an office potluck because you can throw it together lickity split. I made it for Robin a few years ago and she declared it her favorite dessert. It is extremely peanutbuttery. I try not to make it that much because Its fattening. The crust is what makes that pie extra fattening because its crushed up nutter butters, and butter. She asked me to bake something last night and I wanted something with fruit( and low fat) and Robin wanted peanut butter. I came up with this solution. The original recipe ( with the cherries on it) is called spring breeze cheesecake. Its 1 bar of cream cheese( I used low fat) sugar( I used splenda) and cool-whip( I used french vanilla). I added the PB into robin's half and then chopped up a few pb cups. I used some no sugar added cherry pie filling for my half. Robin said it was good even though she didnt have the nutter butter crust( They dont sell them in Canada).

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Very clever! Although I'm envisioning some version of the old Reese's commercials between the two of you ("HEY! You got cherries in my peanut butter! Well, you got peanut butter in my cherries!"

5:32 AM, January 31, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I'd have thought to put them together...but I think you've got a winner there! :)

7:09 AM, January 31, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home