Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Robin was supposed to cook


chicken tettrazini Posted by Picasa

But yeah, she worked late so I did. We've had this dish before, I like it because while slightly labor intensive( poaching chicken, boiling noodles, making a sauce) you get a lot of bang for your buck. This recipe from Cooking Light makes a lot of food. I filled an 8 inch square casserole and 2 disposable foil containers. I'll freeze the foil containers for future meals.

I basically followed the recipe, except I added frozen peas, I used the entire 8 oz package of light cream cheese instead of the 4oz called for. ( I didnt want 4 oz of cream cheese floating around my fridge) and I added about a cup of milk to the veloute instead of all chicken broth. I also topped with panko instead of the white bread crumbs the recipe called for.

Tomorrow Robin is meeting her cousin for dinner so I'll be cooking for one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I LOVE Chicken Tetrazinni. My mom used to make it all the time when I was little. Memories!

9:28 PM, January 17, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I love chicken tetrazinni too. I worked in a catering hall in high school and I loved when this was on a buffet (this and seafood newburg!) I've been eyeing recipes for this.

7:26 AM, January 18, 2006

 
Blogger Joe said...

Hi Randi -

I replied to your comment about HFCS.

8:19 AM, January 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home