Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Spiced shrimp w/ avocado oil (CL)



We've been eating so much chicken lately that frankly I'm getting a bit sick of it. I decided to make some shrimp tonight and I used the spiced shrimp recipe from cooking light. The seasoning is salt, sugar, chili powder, oregano, corriander and cumin. I didnt have any ground coriander so I used some smoked paprika instead. I also didnt have any avocado oil, but I had some lemon oil so I used that. I made some low-carb pasta and sautee'd some mushrooms and aspargus and mixed it all up with some leftover low-fat alfredo that I bought for a pizza last week. The shrimp were really good, the pasta just so-so. I'm really getting sick of all these pre-packaged foods. I know sometimes they really come in handy, but my taste buds just dont like them anymore.

On another food related note. On Friday I start working at a cafe one night per week. It's a basic neighborhood type pizza/pub restaurant, but the owner said I could have some creative reign.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those shrimp look awesome.
Wow on the cafe job - that will be great experience!

Any news on the Zing dinner?

7:38 PM, January 31, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home