Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Supper Omelet...


goat cheese and arugula omelet with whole wheat toast

grits Posted by Picasa

So last week I say to Robin "Honey, I decided we're going to eat one Vegetarian meal per week". She says " Uh ok".

So, I wonder, is this just a coicidence that she happened to pick tonight to have dinner with her cousin? Me thinks not.

Anyway, I forged ahead with my plan. I had originally planned to make the omelet recipe in this months Bon Appetit, it has fennel and olives and dill. Since it was just me, I thought I'd just use what I had in the fridge. I had some arugula, some scallions and some really nice herbed goat cheese. I threw this together using 1 whole egg and some egg beaters. I havent made an omelet in ages, but I didnt lose my touch. I toasted up a piece of that wonderful bread I made a few days ago and cooked up mine and another blogger's beloved grits.

Earlier this afternoon, I made some low-fat rice pudding. but the picture is not very attractive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

HI Randi, I was going to email you the long answer to your question re work, but here is the short version. Yes and no. Not a chef, but one job is working in a catering kitchen and the other is working at a culinary school.

6:52 AM, January 20, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home