Friday, January 13, 2006

Tiramasu


almost finished Posted by Picasa

almost finished Posted by Picasa

I made Tiramasu today for tomorrow's catering job. As Ina says " Tiramasu has been done, done and overdone. Nevertheless, its a fairly easy dessert to make and it looks impressive and people who can't cook thinks its the bomb. It also needs to be made ahead so its perfect for entertaining. No cooking is involved either, just assembly. Robin brewed up some espresso, and I added some bailey's to it. ( Recipe called for Dark Rum, but I didnt have any). In my KA I whipped up 6 egg yolks with 1.4 cup sugar. The add another 1/4 cup baily's and half a cup espresso. add 1lb of mascarpone and whip until smooth. Dip the lady fingers in the coffee mixture, arrange on bottom of a shallow dish, pour half of mascarpone mix on top, another layer of ladyfingers and the rest of the cream. Top with shaved chocolate and 10x sugar. ( I'll post a pic tomorrow after its all decorated)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home