Thursday, February 09, 2006

Chocolate Chili Truffles SHF #16



Happy early Valentines day to all my fellow foodbloggers. How would you like a rich chocolate chili truffle? I was excited to enter these in this installment of SHF first conceived by Canada's own DomesticGoddess and hosted this month by TasteeverythingOnce. I knew immediatly what I would enter because it was the first recipe that caught my eye when I opened my new Food and Drink magazine put out by the LCBO, Canada's liquor licensing board. Of course, the nice folks at LCBO suggest consuming these truffles with some framboise but I'll just be throwing them into the freezer and enjoying one when the cravings hit.

These were dead simple to make. Melt 10 oz of bittersweet chocolate( I used trader joe's pound plus), add half a cup of boiled heavy cream, a tbls of honey( I added another tbls because I thought it was still too bitter) and 1/4 tsp of ancho chili powder. Refridgerate this until firm and then scoop out with a mini scoop and roll in shaved chocolate. I used some leftover ( from last vday) colored sugars and sprinkles.

Enjoy!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! I'll trade you one of those for a tub of Sterling cottage cheese. Deal?

7:17 PM, February 09, 2006

 
Blogger Jennifer said...

So spicy! Hope they don't get you two into too much trouble!

Thanks for taking part in this SHF. Look for a round up sometime this weekend.

7:25 PM, February 09, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

No fair! I've just started some serious dieting. I wonder if I can make sweet potato truffles LOL.

8:06 AM, February 10, 2006

 
Blogger Christine said...

Those look great!

9:24 AM, February 10, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Hey Randi, you left this comment over on my blog " I want to try this recipe. Only 1 tbls of butter? That seems like so little."

Do you remember which recipe that was? I hate that comment e-mails don't tell me which post the comment was posted to.

I could likely have made a typing error so let me know.

6:50 AM, February 11, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home