Friday, February 17, 2006

Jewish dinner......



We went to Ann Arbor for a couple days. I had my hair done, we met friends for lunch and dinner, shopped and shopped and shopped. We arrived home around 4pm and I promptly took a nap, I was exhausted. When I woke up, I was in no mood to cook. I told Robin she was on her own( you wouldn't believe what she came up with for her dinner) and I made some noodles and cottage cheese. How can I describe this to you? Most people( read: None ashkenazi jews) find this dish very unappetizing. My ex couldnt stand it, and Robin doesnt like it either. To me, this is the ultimate jewish comfort food. Danielle( a NY Jew like myself) brought me some amazing Sterling Brand cottage cheese from Toledo.

So basically, you boil some egg noodles( I used NO Yolks),I rinse my noodles because I like them kinda cool. Add some cottage cheese, and plenty of fresh cracker pepper and some salt. I usually add a tbls of sour cream, but this cottage cheese was so creamy, I didnt need to add any.

I hope Danielle enjoys the truffles we brought her.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jelly said...

I looooove cottage cheese! I wish they had some in Korea. I'm going to eat a lot of it when I get back to Canada!
I think matzoh ball soup is the ultimate Jewish comfort food, but yours looks yummy.
I want to see your hair doo!

11:17 PM, February 17, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, it sounds really yummy... I have this fixation on cottage cheese with cracked black pepper and I love noodles... I would eat it.

So what did Robin have??

7:16 AM, February 18, 2006

 
Blogger Randi said...

Robin had meatloaf nachos. I defrosted a mini turkey meatloaf and she cut it all up and threw it on chips with cheese. Weird if ya ask me.

7:46 AM, February 18, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like minds, eh....?

Glad you liked it! Haven't tried the truffles yet - I want to eat them away from Dylan, so she doesn't take any for herself!

9:14 AM, February 18, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I'm not Jewish but I've always liked noodles and cottage cheese (I always thought it was a Polish thing!). I like sautéed onions with it and lots of black pepper. If I really want to fancy it up, I'll add spinach.

5:29 PM, February 19, 2006

 
Blogger VeganHeartDoc said...

Hey, I'm an Ashkenazi Jew, and that looks kinda gross, but whatever floats your boat. Then again, I eat raw tofu straight from the container. I'm not a fan of gefilte fish either :)

3:38 PM, February 22, 2006

 
Blogger VeganHeartDoc said...

Yes, I love kugel and blintzes. I have made a terrific sweet potato kugel from Nancy Berkoff's Vegan Passover Recipes.

6:46 PM, February 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home