Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Orange flavored apple crisp.......



Another fruit dessert for Robin to try : ). I'm quite famous for my crisps. Crisps were my most requested dessert when I was personal cheffing in college. I never follow a recipe which for the most part is never a problem. I use the same ingredients every time for the topping. Almonds, oatmeal, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, vanilla or almond extract, brown sugar and butter. For today's crisp, I chopped up some granny smith apples, threw in some sugar, orange scented craisins,and orange peel. We ate this with some low-carb vanilla ice cream. It was light and delicious.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good - what did Robin think?

6:03 PM, February 01, 2006

 
Blogger Randi said...

danielle, she liked it.

6:29 PM, February 01, 2006

 
Blogger Cyndi said...

Ok, this looks yummy! Where do you stand on Splenda? I see myself using Splenda (both white and brown) in this to lower the sugar content. But I know some folks don't like Splenda. It's been a real help to me.

9:36 PM, February 01, 2006

 
Blogger Nic said...

Yum! It sounds delicious, Randi. I love crisps.

10:20 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I love crisps too. I remember in my single days making impromptu 'crisps' when I was dieting with basically just apples with the skin still on them, oatmeal, cinnamon and bit of sweetener and eating them with frozen fat-free Cool Whip.

5:08 AM, February 03, 2006

 
Blogger FoodNinja said...

I get addicted to craisins, I can eat a bag in a 1/2 hour tv show.

12:05 PM, February 03, 2006

 
Blogger Patti said...

That looks great! I love apple crisp.

5:59 PM, February 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home