Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Stir-fried noodles with shrimp, chili's and lime



I love Thai style stir-fries and when I saw the trio of noodles recipes in the latest issue of fine cooking I knew I'd have to make them. A few days ago, I made the first recipe that involved tofu, but I only had vermicelli noodles and it turned into a big gloppy mess. So, I firmly recommend using the pad thai noodles.

The noodles are resting on top of some steamed broccoli that I had languishing in the veggie drawer.

So basically, you just soak some dried rice noodles in hot water for about 30 min. Then you mix up a sauce that consists of fish sauce( which smells like ass btw), soy sauce, sugar( I used splenda), chili-garlic sauce and hoisin sauce. You stir fry 1 clove of garlic, add some shrimp, then the sauce, then the noodles and lastly some bean sprouts. This yummy goodness gets topped with chopped peanuts and cilantro.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home