Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cooking for clients....



Yesterday Christine and I went to Port Huron, MI for the day. I needed stuff for upcoming cooking jobs and I had to mail out some ebay stuff. We had a fun day. We went to Target, Meijer, Kroger, TJ Maxx, Home Depot and Chili's for lunch. Chili's wouldnt be my first choice, but the pickings in PH are slim.

I knew I'd be too tired to cook when I got home, so I picked up a rottisserie chicken and a bag of salad. Robin wasnt thrilled with the chicken( as I predicted) but I like them and I get a bonus pot of really rich chicken stock out of it.

Today I cooked for a client. They requested Saigon meatballs( ground pork) a side dish of brown rice and some stir fry veggies. I actually stir-fried a bag of broccoli slaw. I also made a homeade peanut sauce since my client is allergic to garlic.

I also made a rib rub and prepped 3 racks of ribs. Tomorrow I have coleslaw, and baked beans to make for them. This is what usually happens, I make them something and they love it and then they keep requesting it. On my way home from MI, I stopped at NO Frills and got a big box of figs that were reduced to 2.99. Tomorrow, Im going to make some fig jam.

So, once again, I didnt feel like making dinner tonight, but I had everything for the cheeseburger macaroni so I whipped up a different version of that. This time I used dreamfields elbow macaroni and I threw in some corn. It was just blah.

If that wasnt enough, I made some coconut oatmeal cookies. I like to give the client a little something extra. I took the recipe from FoodNinja's blog and they came out really good. I took the liberty of adding some butterscotch chips to half the batch because I love Oatmeal scotchies. I like Jason's recipe because it only uses 1/2 cup of butter as opposed to 1 cup that the scotchie recipe has.





I's been a long day, the kitchen is closed for the night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randi,

What a fantastic meal! I hope the client liked it ... I know I would!

8:22 PM, March 17, 2006

 
Blogger Aileen said...

Hi Randi - I just today found your comment to my blog from over a year ago. I'm the one that moved from Manhattan to Alaska....Apologies for the delay in responding to your comment. I loved looking through your site, with all the pictures and recipes! And I love reading about others moving to the North! I'll be checking in more often!

7:16 PM, March 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home