Sunday, March 05, 2006

Cupboard chowder.....



I had a couple cans of clams lanquising in the cupboard for a couple of years so I thought I'd whip together some quick clam chowder. I cooked up 4 strips of bacon and then sauteed half a chopped onion, and a shallot in the bacon fat. I threw in some frozen celery and after that browned slightly I added about 1/3 cup of flour. I then added 2 bottles of clam juice and thicked that slightly. I added the clams and some cubed baking potatoes. I threw in some thyme and herbs de provence as well.

Chelsea told me she wouldnt eat any, but she ended up finishing her bowl. I heated up some frozen sourdough rolls and put out some light smoked gouda. Robin loved the soup too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sending me here! Reading all your posts is making me want to jump in the kitchen...I've got so many ideas now to try out :)

4:49 PM, March 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home