Saturday, March 11, 2006

I dont know what to call this....




Before I knew Robin, she used to eat Hamburger Helper( shhhhh, dont tell her I told you). I quickly nipped that habit in the bud, but not before I tried it myself ( made with ground turkey, but still I'm embarrased to admit it and I made Robin swear she would never tell anyone). I thought it was vile, but I could see the appeal of a one pot dish. Ground meat, noodles, sauce, easy to make, relativly inexpensive and easy to clean up. Plus, kids usually like it.

When I saw this dish titled Cheeseburger Macaroni from cookbookjunkiee I knew Robin would really like it. I didnt know I'd like it too. I used ground turkey breast, hunts organic tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano. I also used a crushed garlic clove and a salt-free spice blend. I also probably threw in more cheese than necessary( it was pretty cheesy) Like Paula, I too used Dreamfields Penne. I also threw in a a handful of whole wheat farfalle, because I didnt have enough penne. Next time, I'll add some more veggies to stretch it even farther.

I made this around 11am because I have to work tonight. It came together in about 20 mintues. I'm going to freeze some for Chelsea because I know she'd really like it.

Thanks Paula!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Glup. Decidedly Glup.

5:23 PM, March 11, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I'm glad you liked it. Definitely an improvement over Hamburger Helper.

6:31 AM, March 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home