Friday, April 28, 2006

Catering the Film Festival Reception.....


See everyone milling around the food?



I " donated" food in return for an ad worth 60 dollars for the London Lesbian Film Festival. I totally stressed out about what to provide. I knew I was going to do a cheese/fruit platter so when I went to Ann Arbor a few weeks ago, I bought supplies at Trader Joe's. On Thursday I decided to do some cupcakes with rainbow sprinkles. I also made a big BLT sandwich, although I wasnt happy with the bread. I wanted foccacia, but I couldnt find any at Kroger, Meijer or the 2 grocery stores in my town. I should have baked some, but I didnt plan ahead. I thought I would also do something " light" so I made a Giada recipe. Shrimp salad in Endive leaves with a parsely sauce. Of course, the grocery store in town was out of Italian parsely, so I subbed dill instead.

Another company was providing food as well and I was pleased that my food was tastier and more attractive.

Now let's just hope I get some business from this.

1 Comments:

Blogger purplecupcake said...

What a delicious array of food on the table...great photos!

3:33 PM, May 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home