Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Composed Salad......




AKA clean out the fridge/freezer salad. I had half a bag of frozen cooked shrimp in the freezer and a bunch of produce, so I threw this salad together. I bought a couple of fresh beets and roasted those. Shreeded carrots and hot house cucumbers were tossed in as well. I whipped up a balsamic vinegarette and topped the salad with goat cheese and some wonderful spicy/sweet pecans I bought at Trader Joe's. Easy and tasty. This salad would be perfect for SweetNick's ARF Tuesday.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a "fridge cleaning" salad yesterday as well! Romaine, avocados, leftover tomatoes and some pears...yum!

11:08 AM, April 25, 2006

 
Blogger Sara said...

beets, shrimp and goats cheese! sounds like a great salad.

12:46 PM, April 25, 2006

 
Blogger Dawna said...

Goodness! I was cleaning out the freezer and had some shrimp to use up, too - I made pizza with mine (on a spinach pesto sauce). Your salad looks yummy - I love beets, but don't eat them that often.

1:38 PM, April 25, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Randi, I replied to you at ditl, but anyway decided to write here because of the higher chance that you'll see it here rather than at ditl. I'm a first year evening, so that makes me a year 09 graduate. I don't want to flame here, so here is my email: mrajabov at edmundsdotcom. If you have a chance, write me, and I'll describe it further.
By the way, the salad looks really yummy.

9:42 PM, April 25, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I don't like goat cheese yet I still drool over it - I can't figure that out. It just looks so good - why don't I like it? I like almost everything.

10:45 AM, April 26, 2006

 
Blogger Cate said...

Randi - never got the e-mail, but am adding it now...

3:00 PM, April 26, 2006

 
Blogger purplecupcake said...

This looks like a very healthful salad...the best kind there is. Oh, and I'm loving those maple cupcakes...I'm all about the cupcakes! Thanks for the recipes.

11:53 PM, April 26, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home