Sunday, April 02, 2006

Toffee blondies(One smart cookie)....



Both Anna and Joe have baked items from One Smart Cookie. I was intrigued so I read the reviews at Amazon and saw that the author is Canadian. Perfect, I knew my local library would have the book. I marched down there and ordered that and her other book called Grazing. I was called the next day to pick up One Smart Cookie. I'd like to bake a few things from it before I decide to buy it. Robin picked out this recipe. They were good, nice flavor and chewy. I couldnt tell that they were low-fat. Now, to be totally honest, I didnt use the melted caramels as suggested. I had some leftover cajeta( goats milk dulce de leche) and so I used that. The one thing I dont like about the recipes( after reading a lot of them) is that what the author removes in fat she puts back in sugar. There seemed to be a lot of sugar in the recipes. Maybe I can modify that as well. Anyway, these were good and I'd make them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home