Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's day dinner......




We headed to my MIL's lake house for Mother's Day. I decided to recreate a dinner my friend Mike and I made last year in Florida. Sara Moulton's Parmesean Chicken and Penne Alla Vodka. This is a good recipe to make for a crowd because its not that labor intensive. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are marinated in a mix of dijon mustard and white wine vinegar. They are coated with breadcrumbs made from whole grain english muffins mixed with fresh parmesean. These are baked and come out surprisingly crispy. I made the vodka sauce with canned imported san marzano tomatoes( very low acid) garlic and onion. Grey Goose vodka and half and half were added towards the end of the cooking process. We mixed this with fresh reggiano.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home