Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli...



Cook's Illustrated calls this a chain-restaurant classic. I guess I've never been to the chain that serves this because it didnt seem familar at all. The only dish that I could remotely compare it to would be the chicken giardinaria at Oliver Garden. I think I ate that when I was in high school, before I knew any better. I decided to make this even though I didnt have the right shape pasta and I only had half the amount of chicken and a few sun-dried tomatoes. It was a fairly straightforward recipe. Blanch some broccoli, saute chicken breast pieces with onion and lots of garlic. Add some red pepper flakes, and thyme, flour and 2 cups of chicken broth. The broth makes a sauce also known as a veloute. I used better than boullion, although the recipe advises using low-sodium broth. In my defense, I made the broth slightly weaker than the directions call for. Next, I used dreamfield's low-carb linguine because thats what I had at home. This was a nice light entree but nothing spectacular.

1 Comments:

Blogger purplecupcake said...

Chicken and broccoli are my fave! It's simple to make anything out of the two. Looks yummy!

5:44 AM, May 04, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home