Monday, July 24, 2006

Corn Fritters( Everyday Food).....




I'm finally feeling normal again so I thought I'd cook some dinner. Huron County is a big corn producer and it seems every mile or so there is a stand selling it. I picked some up today and made some corn fritters. I love corn on the cob and I could eat it everyday. Robin, not so much. She enjoyed these a lot. I made her some salmon( none for me thanks) and some steamed broccoli on the side. You can serve these fritters with sour cream.

3 ears corn, shucked
1/3 cup milk( non-fat is fine)
1 egg
1tsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt and pepper
1/4 cup each corn meal and ap flour.

mix corn with egg and milk. Add sugar, powder and salt and pepper to taste. Add flour and cornmeal. Heat 2tbls veg oil in skillet, drop a dollop of batter and fry until golden on each side. Serve with sour cream if desired.

5 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

I could see this being yummy with some Jalepenos (I know...stayin' away from spicay foods)

5:57 PM, July 24, 2006

 
Blogger Joy Bugaloo said...

LOL! I am eating corn on the cob with lunch and dinner from now until October, God willing. But I'd like to try these, too. I also like corn pudding a la my relatives in Macon, GA (those southerners will make a casserole oujt of anything!). Truth to tell, I'd eat about anything with corn in it! :-)

--Gina (www.lindseysluscious.blogspot.com)

8:04 PM, July 24, 2006

 
Blogger Sara said...

i love corn too, just outside of Calgary there is a small town called Taber, they have THE BEST corn. Love fritters too!

10:47 PM, July 24, 2006

 
Blogger Patti said...

Those fritters look great! I could eat corn all summer. I will definatly give these a try, Thanks!

7:33 AM, July 25, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I LOVE corn fritters. I like mine with maple syrup.

10:53 AM, July 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home