Friday, July 21, 2006

I can't eat....

Sorry about the lack of posts. I spent most of last night in the ER with severe abdominal pain. Because we live in a rinky dink town, there are no ultrasounds done at night. They thought it might be my gallbladder though. They gave me 3 shots of morphine and then a shot of gravol( anti-nausea). They tried 3 times to put an IV in me, but they couldnt find a vain because I was so dehydrated. Oy.

I had the U/S today and my gall bladder looks fine, but that they said that doesnt mean I didnt have a gallbladder attack.

Sooo, I'm on a bland diet for the next few days( like I could eat anyway). We were supposed to have friends over tonight for dinner and I already prepared a lot of the dishes because I was supposed to work today. Oh well. I'll do the ribs tomorrow so Robin can eat them. I'll freeze the other item.

Before I went to the ER at 7pm, I hadnt eaten anything since 1pm. I wasnt hungry even then but I forced myself to eat a lean cuisine. Its so weird not feeling hungry.

Anyway, I'll be back in a couple of days.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon!!!

9:11 PM, July 21, 2006

 
Blogger Jelly said...

Oh dear! I hope you're feeling better soon!

3:35 AM, July 22, 2006

 
Blogger Christine said...

I hope you feel better soon, I will call you when I get home.

4:37 AM, July 22, 2006

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

Eepp! Morphine...that's the good stuff! Hope you are doin' better.

10:48 AM, July 22, 2006

 
Blogger Cookie Madness said...

You poor thing!! Hope you get better soon.

11:42 AM, July 22, 2006

 
Blogger Joe said...

Randi - Jeff and I send good wishes on feeling better soon! Hope everything gets back to normal soon!

4:51 PM, July 22, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I was wondering where you were off to. I hope you never experience that again.

5:10 AM, July 24, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home