Monday, July 03, 2006

Smoked cheddar stuffed chicken/w green apple slaw..(BA)




Happy Blogiversary to me!! July 2nd was my 1 year food blogging anniversary. I made this dish at my MIL's house on Saturday night. I doubled the recipe as I was cooking for 8ppl. This recipe is from the August 05 issue of Bon Appetit and believe it or not, it comes from a Canadian. Ted Reader aka King of the Q. ( Ted's own link isnt working, so I linked to an article on him.).

Anyway, this was a simple recipe to made. The recipe calls for boneless, skin on breasts which can be hard to find. My MIL bought bone-in breasts and I deboned them myself. A slit is cut into each one, and a stuffing of smoked cheddar( or gouda), cream cheese, maple syrup, and fresh sage is stuffed into each one. The tenderloin is placed over the stuffing to hold it into place( in theory, but in reality, it didnt work that well). I made a glaze with Grade C Maple syrup, scotch wiskey and brown sugar. This is brushed over the chicken while grilling and the rest is served as a sauce. The slaw is simple too. Julliened green apples, fresh sage, green onion, red onion, lemon juice, maple syrup( just a touch) and evoo. My MIL raved over this as this is simply not something you'd see in these parts. We also had grilled potatoes and steamed carrots with this. This is definatly something I'd make again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I made this a while back and really liked it as well!

8:23 AM, July 03, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

That chicken looks so good. I could just taste it.

I wish you could find the boneless breasts with the skin on but they just don't offer that anymore. I think the skin keeps the chicken moister and more flavorful but I can't be bothered to debone my own chicken.

11:31 AM, July 03, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Randi, do you have an email address? I'm trying to reach Canadian food bloggers regarding a new food site, Canada Eats. You can reach me via my site (canada-eats.com).

Cheers.

3:51 PM, July 03, 2006

 
Blogger Canadian Baker said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Your blog is one of the very first I visited when I started reading food blogs. Keep up the good work!

6:48 AM, July 06, 2006

 
Blogger Lisa Johnson said...

Happy Anniversary! I just discovered your blog. Very nice!!

9:31 PM, July 09, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home