Monday, August 07, 2006

Pasta Primavera......




Sorry I've been absent this week. I was blogging over on Egullet and on Thursday, my friend and I left for Ann Arbor for the Egullet Heartland Gathering. When you get a chance, check out the thread. We made some amazing food. I made pasta primavera and a fish dish. From 10am-10pm on Saturday, we had a non-stop foodfest. I was in pure heaven to be around 40 other foodies. We visited the Kerrytown Farmers market on Saturday morning and did most of the shopping for the food we would cook. I knew I wanted to make this pasta before I left for AA, it was just a matter of finding the right vegetables. The veggies are the market were incredible.

Some of the highlights of the gathering were the Culinary Archives at U of M, the charcuterie platter, the amazing cheeses from Zingerman's( I provided the fig jam), the amazing breads made by Egullet member Tino27, the fantastic peanut butter icecream and Trifle made by KichenChick and her hubby. Wow, it was hard to come back to Ontario and the food here after that wonderful food. I can't wait until next years event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home