Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Stuffed pork tenderloin.....




Poor Robin, she has been eating leftovers and quick fix( read: frozen chicken wings) things while I was gone this weekend. She was very ready for some home cooking. I told her I was making dinner last night and she was very excited.

I had a package of pork tenderloin in the freezer and I decided to stuff them with a mixture of goat cheese and spinach( frozen). I added some fresh oregano and lemon zest to the filling. I made up a glaze of red wine( I freeze leftover wine and it works perfectly), red current jelly, fresh mint and black pepper. I grilled this with a foil packet of hickory chips. I grilled it on the flame side to get a nice char and then moved it off the heat for indirect cooking. For the potatoes, I microwaved them halfway, then sliced them and wrapped them in foil with some evoo and smoked paprika.

I had some great meals in Ann Arbor, but it was nice to have some home cooking( even if it was my cooking).

2 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

I think we foodbloggers all must have mindmelds or something..I made pork tenderloin the other night while another blogger made it on Sunday!! Great minds :)

5:40 AM, August 10, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

LOL! I made grilled pork tenderloin last night too.

I don't like goat cheese but that still looks really good.

6:45 AM, August 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home