Wednesday, October 04, 2006

German Chocolate Cake( Baking Illustrated)....




Oh the power of suggestion. Nic posted a teaser picture of a German Chocolate Cake before she went on vacation. I looked at the picture numerous times and then of course, I was craving it. I pulled out my baking illustrated cookbook and made the cake using their recipe. The people over at CI have never let me down. Their cake uses hershey's cocoa and some instant coffee and buttermilk( 1/3 cup). I made the icing recipe from a recipe that I've used before. It's basically evap milk, sugar, butter, egg yolks, nuts and pecans. So yummy.

4 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

I love German Chocolate Cake...I should make it one of these nights!

11:07 AM, October 04, 2006

 
Blogger Dolce said...

Hi, I'm from Germany and I'm wondering why this is a German Chocolate Cake? What do you call German Cake? You can have a look at my site, I love to bake cake - "Kuchen", you'll find it in the right sidebar - is that all typical German?

11:44 PM, October 08, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

German Chocolate Cake is not actually German...It is an American recipe conceived by a guy with the last name of "German" who owned a company that coincidentally made and sold baking chocolate and flaked coconut. How clever of him.

9:36 AM, October 05, 2007

 
Blogger Randi said...

Thanks for the info, I already knew that!!

9:47 AM, October 05, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home