Friday, October 06, 2006

Green Chili Chicken Enchilada's( cooking light)...




I whipped this up yesterday so we could have leftover's tonight. I work today ( Canadian Thanksgiving is Monday so we'll be making turkey, stuffing, etc, etc) and I knew I wouldnt cook tonight. Robin can make some more rice and heat up the leftovers for us. This is one of my favorite CL recipes although I've made a few changes. This recipe calls for 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. I use 1 can of light soup and then I fill the can with salsa verde. I also add a few more spices and leave out the onion. Furthermore, I used a light blend of mexican cheese and added some black beans to the filling. I made the black beans from scratch. So simple and so cheap. The rice is Lundberg Farms blend of brown, wild and black japonica. Shopper's drug mart had bags of it for 1.99. I used to buy it in California so I was excited to see it here. I can freeze the leftover beans and rice and Robin can throw together some burritos when I'm in Florida. I leave for Florida on Monday.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

I'm with you all the way 'cept for leavin' out the onion...I love 'em so much :D

9:45 AM, October 06, 2006

 
Blogger FH said...

Love Mexican food and your's looks easy and yummy!! Happy belated Thanksgiving,we have to wait until NOV.!:))
Our vacation to Orlando,FL would be in Dec.! Have fun!

12:41 PM, October 12, 2006

 
Blogger Cyndi said...

When I make my chicken enchilada casserole, I do what you do - use only one can of chicken and then one can of green enchilada sauce (which is basically chile verde). Do you like sour cream? Try mixing some of the chile verde with sour cream and spreading it on top during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Sheer heaven.

2:39 PM, October 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home