Saturday, October 21, 2006

Yellowtale snapper Vera Cruz......



I'm back from a glorious week spent in Ft. Lauderdale. I hung out with my 19 month old neice Emily, cooked a couple great meals with my friend mike, ate out some great food, shopped, swam and sunbathed.

This is a meal my friend Mike and I made on my second night there. We made a vera cruz sauce using a recipe from Zarela Martinez. The recipe can be found on Marthastewart.com. You begin my sauteed white onion and garlic in evoo, to that you add canned san marzano tomatoes( or fresh), chopped spanish olives,white wine, pickled jalapeno;s, capers and fresh herbs( oregano, thyme) and dried marjoram. When the sauce is reduced slightly, you pour some under and over fresh fish. We used yellow tale snapper that Mike's partner Jim picked up at a fish market. The fish bakes for around 15 mintues and all the wonderful flavors of the sauce infuse the fish. It was so tasty. We made a brown rice blend on the side along with a fresh crisp salad and a tangy homeade viniagrette.

PS: I hate this beta blogger, does anyone know how I can switch back?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Dirt Mummy said...

Wow, the fish and the crisp both look so good! I just might have to give them a try.

I know what you mean about switching to beta. I did it straight away and regretted it so much. Sadly you can't switch back. But after a few weeks I'm getting used to it and Blogger is ironing out some of the problems.

8:20 PM, October 21, 2006

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

That brown rice looks really interesting (and good!)

I haven't switched to the beta version so I don't know - I'm guessing there's no going back.

8:27 AM, October 23, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home