Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Beautiful Buns( King Arthur Flour)....




I've had this recipe in my Outlook Food File since March. I copied it from Joe's foodblog. I love the fact that it uses 100% white whole wheat flour( a lighter whole wheat, but still whole wheat) and no High Fructose corn syrup. This was actually my first time making buns. It was so easy. I threw everything in the bread machine and pressed the dough cycle. When the cycle was finished, I shaped them into 8 buns and let rise again for 40 min. I did an egg wash and sprinkled with sesame seeds( not included in the recipe). They smelled fabulous baking and Robin thought they were amazing. We had 1 each tonight with Turkey sloppy Joes( everyday food). I wrapped each one in PressNSeal freezer wrap. I'll never buy hamburger buns from the store again!!! Thanks Joe.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those buns look better than anything you could get at a store or bakery :)

Enjoyed reading your comment on my blog about your wedding. GMTA in regards to making food favors for guests :) Definitely try La Shish next time your near one. There's also one in Clinton Twp near Lakeside Mall. Not sure how familiar you are with the area but I do remember you mentioned you've been to the SA Thrift store in New Baltimore.

5:42 AM, November 08, 2006

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

YUMMERS!! I want a fresh roll right now!

6:02 AM, November 08, 2006

 
Blogger Cyndi said...

I sure wish I could use my bread machine at 6,000 feet. But no matter what I did, even following the instructions for high altitude, I always ended up with lumps of hard, semi-gooey/semi-cooked dough. I ended up giving it away. Those buns look wonderful!

1:40 PM, November 09, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randi,

They look wonderful! Of course I would eat them slathered in butter!

9:22 PM, November 09, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home