Friday, November 17, 2006

Dark and Soft Restaurant dinner rolls( KA whole grain)....




I've been on a real roll( or bun as my honey calls them) kick lately. It's nice to pull one out of the freezer to make a sandwich or heat one up with a cup of soup. I've also been on a whole grain baking kick too. I love my new KA Whole Grain Baking Book.

The folks at KA say that these Dark & Soft Restaurant dinner rolls remind them of the soft, mildly sweet, deep chocolate-colored rolls served at various chain restaurants( particularly steakhouses) across the country. I'm not sure about that part as I dont frequent steakhouses at all. We enjoyed these with our Italian wedding soup a few days ago. I used the dough feature of the bread machine. The dough came together easily and baked up fabulous.

If you're interested in the recipe, just leave me a note with your email.

ps: Thanks for the nice comments regarding Stanlee. When I moved to Canada, I left Stanlee with my aunt in California because he was very attatched to her and I felt he wouldnt be able to take the winters here. Even though he wasnt with me on a daily basis, I never stopped thinking about him or loving him.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

I appreciate that "King Arthur" is a lable you've used ;)

6:19 AM, November 20, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home