Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Superbowl party that didnt happen......



Yesterday Robin and I went to the butcher and picked up 11lbs of ribs @ 5.99lb. Robin painstakingly removed the silverskin and I mixed up a rub. We wrapped them up in heavy duty foil and chucked them in the fridge. I made up my famous 7 layer dip this morning. Layers of refried black beans, sourcream mixed with taco sauce, guacamole, cheddar and jack cheese, green onions and olives( missing because Robin hates them). I was so looking forward to eating that dip this afternoon at the superbowl party we were invited too.

But, many roads are closed, its freezing outside with major snowsqualls so it looks like we'll be having our own little party.

Btw, the dip was yummy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I wasn't even going to do anything special for the game this afternoon, but your dip has me hankering for some chips and dip.
Looks great!!
Did you figure out what do do with the pork?

9:18 AM, February 04, 2007

 
Blogger Joy Bugaloo said...

That is remarkably similar to my signature layered dip! Great minds must think alike. My Superbowl menu (though I hate sports and only watch the commercials and halftime show) included some tacky crockpot meatballs, lemony and garlicky wings, green bean fries, and key lime tartlets. Yum! I just posted some pics over at my blog if anyone is interested...
--Gina
lindseysluscious.blogspot.com

6:52 PM, February 04, 2007

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

It's too close to lunch to be reading blogs. I'd love some of that dip right now. I did make nachos for dinner last night. I didn't have a plan but I looked around and came up with nachos. They were pretty good too. I wish I had some of those right now. Or a Cubano.

Like I said, it's getting too close to lunch.

7:37 AM, February 05, 2007

 
Blogger wheresmymind said...

Sometimes going to those parties are more of a pain than what they are worth *shrug*

10:21 AM, February 05, 2007

 
Blogger Freya said...

Randi, just send some of those ribs and multi-layer dip my way! It's a long journey but worth it!
The Cubano looks so delicious btw!
Freya

8:08 AM, February 06, 2007

 
Blogger Shaun said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:36 AM, February 06, 2007

 
Blogger Shaun said...

Randi - This is my first stop at your blog, coming by way of Freya's blog. My angelheart Eric and I would have slogged through the snow to get to your place to get at that dip and the ribs. Would we have had to watch the foot(goof)ball? I'll stop by again soon.

9:37 AM, February 06, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks yummy though! Bring some ribs to New Jersey too!

-Danny from Tropical Elementary, co-ruler/safety patrol of the first grade door, circa 1977, with Randi

2:17 PM, February 06, 2007

 
Blogger Randi said...

Daniel,

That made me laugh really hard!!

R

6:52 PM, February 06, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home