Monday, March 05, 2007

3 mini desserts......



I made these 3 desserts this weekend at work. We had a seafood supper on Saturday and I thought it would be a great idea to do mini desserts. My boss found these cool plates at pier 1.

Here we have a mini lemon curd tartlet, a chocolate pot de creme( cook's illustrated) and vanilla bean poudcake with raspberry coulis( Baking w/ Julia). I thought the pound cake was great, although a bit too heavy. Some ppl left that dessert on the plate and of course my feelings were hurt. Anyway, it was a very stressful night as it was only myself and my boss and I was in charge of the salad course and the desserts and I helped my boss with the main dish as well. I'm not used to restaurant style service. My boss was very pleased though, she wants to do a family style ( my idea) Italian dinner in April.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joy Bugaloo said...

Those look fabu, Randi...especially that lemon tartlet. Wish I could crawl through the screen to get at it!

Sorry that the pound cake wasn't well-received. You know, I consider myself the Pound Cake Queen. I have an heirloom family recipe from a friend of a friend, and I made money hand over fist with it at the farmer's market this past summer. Just e-mail me if you want the recipe.

--Gina

1:06 PM, March 05, 2007

 
Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I wouldn't take it personally. If faced with those three desserts, I would eat the other two first and probably not have room for the poundcake. It's not that the poundcake doesn't look good - it's just that those other two desserts look so fabulous.

6:30 AM, March 06, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home