Thursday, April 05, 2007

Tres Leches cake.....





Do you ever read a recipe on a foodblog and then get the urge to make that recipe immediately? That is how I felt yesterday when I read Anna's blog about Tres Leches Cake. I've had Tres Leches cake one time before in California, but I really don't remember it that well. Robin needed a dessert to bring to a friends tonight so I whipped this up yesterday. Anna cut down the recipe by 1/3 so it fit perfectly in a square pan. I used a disposable pan so Robin could just take it and forget about it. The actual cake part has no added fat which I found strange. It came out really nice though. You then pour over a mixture of evap. milk, sweetened condensed milk, regular milk and sour cream( I guess that is really 4 milks). Anyway, it needs an overnight sit in the fridge. Tres Leches is traditionally topped with either whipped cream or meringue. I sent along a can of reddi-whip and some dulce de leche. I stole a piece before Robin left. I cut up some strawberries to go with it because I sent the dulce with Robin.

Robin's friends just called to tell me how great the cake was. So, thanks Anna!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

I've been wanting to make this cake forever but I just never think of it when I need to make a cake. That looks awesome.

6:20 AM, April 06, 2007

 
Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said...

That looks fantastic - I've never made this but I think I will have to try it!

10:01 AM, April 07, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home