Friday, June 22, 2007

Jambalaya( cook's Illustrated).....




I've been a bad blogger( doesnt everyone say that when they've been MIA for awhile?). Work was absolutely crazy for a few weeks and then last week I blogged on Eg while trying to work 3 jobs.

I had some shrimp in the freezer and some chicken/turkey andouille sausage in the fridge so this dish was just meant to be. My neice Chelsea helped me make it and she loved it so much that she didnt leave even 1 grain of rice on her plate. I liked it too, but I had a problem. Maybe because I used my oval Le Creuset, but I had a hard time trying to get the rice to absorb all the liquid. It seemed to take forever. We were so hungry, that I finally pulled it off the burner and the rice was still a bit crunchy. Not too much, just enough so I knew that it wasnt cooked all the way. Oh well, live and learn. I think I might try it again with the round Le Creuset.

Robin and I are taking Chelsea to Niagara Falls( Canadian side) on Sunday. I'm having a really hard time trying to find a decent restaurant there. Anyone know of one? My friend from California will be meeting us there as they just live over the border in Lewiston, NY. We'll be spending our time at Great Wolf Lodge( giant water park). Chelsea is beyond excited.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Let me know how it goes. We're going to the Great Wolf Lodge in the Poconos in July. I originally looked at the one at Niagara Falls but I decided I'd rather only drive 2 1/2 hours than 8+ hours. We'll do Niagara Falls when my son is older. We'll have to show him where Mom and Dad got married.

8:40 AM, June 22, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carpaccio's or Casa D'Oro - good for Italian food.
Chip N' Charlie's on Lundy's Lane or Queen's Coach on St. Paul for bar-type food.
Fine Kettle of Fish (self explanatory) - crab cakes there are so yummy.
Tony Roma's is always good, if you're looking for ribs.
Jasmine Gardens on Montrose for Chinese.

2:37 PM, June 22, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or Sandstone Bar and Grille on Victoria (used to be Tony's Place).

2:38 PM, June 22, 2007

 
Blogger Emmy said...

Hope you had a nice trip to Niagara Falls. Just catching up on your blog. Hope work is calming down for you now. Take care :)

6:16 AM, June 25, 2007

 
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Like there is another side to Niagara Falls BUT Canadian? i spent far too much time on the U.S. side and NO time on the Canadian side last October, merely watching in awe, my mouth agape, as my dad drove me 'n' my mom across the border back into the USA, me snapping photos as we waited with all the other cars in line... oh, i love Niagara Falls. i got to see it close up only from New York, and i'm still regretting it.

Hope you had a great time and found some delish dining places!

i had some amazing, amazing vegan jambalaya made by our local co-op here in San Diego, People's of Ocean Beach. You got me jonesin' for it big time!!

BTW to answer your query (thanks for visiting my blog, always a pleasure to see you there!), Peter is a friend w/benefits, as the popular term for what we are is. Heh. We've been good pals for almost three years now... hope many more to come, G-d willing.

SO GREAT to see you back here!!

1:24 AM, June 26, 2007

 
Anonymous Penserend Libre said...

Thaanks great post

5:54 AM, December 23, 2023

 

Post a Comment

<< Home