Sunday, July 01, 2007

Gingery stir fry( cook's) and Cobbler( KA whole grain baking)








We had a great time in Niagara. Chels really enjoyed herself and so did we. I think Robin might have enjoyed herself a bit too much. On Thursday she started having really bad neck pain. By Friday night, she was in so much pain, she was in tears(poor thing). We ended up in the ER where they diagnosed her with Tortocollis. Litterally, a twisted neck. She might have jerked it or done something funky going down all those water slides. Anyway, they gave her an injection and when that didnt work, they gave her a few different pills. We left the ER at 2:30am and when we came home, she still couldnt get to sleep. She couldnt even lay down. I gave her my memory foam travel pillow so at least she could try to get some sleep. Yesterday was no better. It's Canada Day today and all our plans went out the door!! So, what did I do all day yesterday? I stayed home with her and cooked off course. Its been ages since I've been able to do that. In addition to making breakfast, lunch and dinner, I also made 2 different batches of strawberry jam. One with pectin, one without.( posts about that later). For dinner I made a stir fry from Cook's Illustrated. I used the ginger sauce recipe and modified it using firm tofu and shrimp. For dessert, I got a great deal on blueberries(1.77 a pint). I made a peach blueberry cobbler from the KA flour whole grain baking book. The recipe called for rolling out the biscuits, but I just dropped them on because by this point, I was exhausted. I'm not used to doing all the dishes when I cook!! I've come to the conclusion, that If I had to do dishes on a dialy basis, I wouldnt cook!!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Oh dear! It's hard to keep up with the young ones, isn't it? DH was playing football with his teenage nephew and his friends on Saturday and all I heard on Sunday morning were moans and groans.

That cobbler looks fantastic.

6:26 AM, July 02, 2007

 
Blogger Shaun said...

Randi - I know it's exhausting doing all that cooking, but most people wouldn't cook breakfast, or if they did, they probably wouldn't go all out with dessert. Your dedication to keeping Robin happy knows no bounds, but it is no wonder you were tired by the end of the day. Still, sometimes nothing is better than looking after the one you love. I wouldn't mind taking ill at your place some time - haha.

8:46 PM, July 02, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home