Monday, August 27, 2007

Greek Salad Pizza.....





Yesterday we had a potluck to attend at Robin's work. Since Robin is the big boss lady, she always wants me to make something impressive. My idea of impressive might not be her employee's idea so I basically make what I want to make. I think this turned out tasty and impressive.

In preparation for our big remodel/addition, I was cleaning out a junk drawer in the kitchen and came across a pampered chef cookbook( more like a pamphlet). There was a recipe for a Mediterranean patio pizza. I loosely followed that recipe. Basically, its a Greek Salad on top of pizza dough. I bought a Pillsbury pizza crust and rolled it out in a rectangular shape. I covered that with EVOO, some oregano, an italian blend and some parmesean. The recipe also calls for fresh garlic and feta but I used some granulated( dried) garlic and left the Feta off. I didnt have enough for the crust and the topping. When its cooked and fully cooled, I cut it into strips and topped it with Greek Salad. I made a dressing with red wine vinegar and evoo, some agave nectar some herbs. I drizzled that on right before we ate it. It was a very, very popular dish. Summer produce is at its prime here in Ontario and I'm really getting sad that the Summer is almost over.

Luckily, we're going to San Francisco two weeks from tomorrow and we'll be able to enjoy California Produce ( and burritos, chinese food, italian food and sourdough bread) for a full week!!!

If you have any "must do" reccomendations for us while we're in SF, we'll gladly take them.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

That does look really good. I keep forgetting to ask my husband if he likes feta cheese.

7:13 AM, August 27, 2007

 
Blogger Lindsay Blau Portnoy said...

this looks so yummy! i want to try making this for dinner.

if you are in san fran try hitting up the stinking rose if you both like garlic. it was a fun place and the signature dish was delish. i haven't been in many years but when we were there it was great!

all the best,
lindsay

3:15 PM, September 01, 2007

 
Blogger Ed Tep said...

Randi - Y'all MUST stop by the Ferry Building on Saturday morning for the Farmer's Market. And then stroll all the food shops inside the building. Have a great trip!

7:35 PM, September 04, 2007

 
Blogger Ed Tep said...

Randi - In terms of restaurant recommendations... the place the jumps immediately to mind is Cafe Jacqueline at 1454 Grant Avenue, phone # (415) 981-5565. This is a small restaurant that specializes in souffles, and I think it would make for a really romantic/foodie evening for you and Robin. You have to make reservations in advance, and plan to be there for at least 2 hours. Jacqueline herself makes the souffles from scratch, and they are made to order. It will take about 30 minutes for you to get your dinner souffle (the lobster souffle is to die for) so you might order a salad to tie you over. Also, place your dessert souffle order at the same time that you order your dinner souffle. It's on the pricier side (for my nonprofit salary budget), but well worth the splurge.

If you like Thai food, I like OSHA Thai Restaurant (a chain but the one at 696 Geary St. is the best location. They have a spicy eggplant dish that I ALWAYS order. You get to pick the meat you like (beef, pork, or chiken) with it. Although it's not listed as one of the choices, you can get it with roast duck (my recommendation!). And be forewarned that when they ask you how spicy you want it, even a "medium" packs a fiery punch.

And finally, if you like cream puffs, then check out Beard Papas. There's one in the food court at the Westfield Centre (the big mall at the Powell St. BART/MUNI station).

Enjoy! And let me know if there are other specific cuisines you're looking for.

8:29 PM, September 04, 2007

 
Blogger Rachael Narins said...

That really looks like a perfect meal! I love it!

7:00 PM, September 20, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home