Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Green Chilie Chicken Enchilada casserole( cooking light).....



I spent some time cooking on Sunday. I had a lunch to cater today and tomorrow so I baked a few things and I made some marinara sauce and this enchilada casserole. I threw one in the freezer in preparation for our kitchen remodel( translation: I'll be without a stove for awhile). This is an old recipe from Cooking Light and I'm happy to say I used up 4 cans from the pantry( the pantry that will be torn down in the remodel). If you're interested in this recipe, let me know and I'll type it up. I couldnt find it online.

It does use canned soup which I hate using, but I did have 2 cans( 1 can that was expiring next month which means it must have been in the cabinet for awhile). It also uses corn tortilla's. I made some black beans from scratch to serve on the side.



If you want to see what I did today. Head over here and read the last page.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I'm pretty sure I've made this before - is it the one with the cream of something soup and canned green chiles?

I'm not a big fan of cream soup either, so sometimes I do enchilada casserole with a sauce of pureed roasted chiles (anaheim or poblano), tomatillos, onions, cilantro, lime juice and salt. I layer the green sauce with the chicken and tortillas and top it with cheese.

4:26 PM, August 21, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love the recipe! looks good espcially if it is "light" : )

5:17 AM, August 23, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which issue is it from?

9:41 AM, August 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home