Saturday, September 01, 2007

Tortiglioni with Broccoli and Goat Cheese...




I whipped up this simple pasta dish 2 nights ago. To be honest, I wasnt expecting much since the recipe came from the back of the Decco Pasta box. I thought it sounded too simple, but really isn't simple sometimes best?

You bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the broccoli stems. Then 2 minutes later you add the florets and the pasta and boil for another 10 minutes. I thought to myself that it was going to be way too mushy, but it really wasnt. In another pan you heat up some EVOO(3/4 of a cup which I thought was too much, I used less), crushed garlic( the recipe said 2 cloves, I used 5) and some red pepper flakes. You toss that with the drained pasta/broccoli. You then shave over some parmeseana reggiano( please do not use the stuff in the green can) and some fresh cracked black pepper. I added some goat cheese since this was my main dish. I breaded and baked up some boneless, skinless chicken thighs for Robin. I picked up this box of pasta( a shape I normally wouldnt buy) for .50 at a liquidation place and the brocolli was 1.29. What a thrifty meal!!

I'm seriously trying to use up what I have in the pantry. We're also leaving in a little over a week and I don't want to buy any more food before we go. When we get back, I have a wedding to cater( just the apps and desserts) and I'll be needing all the fridge space I can get!!

Speaking of fridges, we're looking at the GE Profile French Door Fridge for the renovation. We're also looking at the GE Profile Dual Fuel slide in range and the dishwasher? Comments?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great color!

12:28 PM, September 07, 2007

 
Anonymous Jacobs Jottings said...

Hello mate nicce blog

4:24 AM, October 21, 2023

 

Post a Comment

<< Home