Saturday, October 06, 2007

Rancho Gordo Hominy Stew.....




While in SF, I picked up 4 kinds of Heirloom dried beans from Rancho Gordo at the Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market. I'd been dying to try these beans since reading about them on Egullet. Yesterday, I whipped up this hominy stew for Robin. Since meeting me, she's turned into a bean lover. She absolutely loves Black Beans. For this recipe, I used Yellow Indian Woman beans. I also reduced the water as I only had canned hominy. I also used a jar of red chili sauce( less products to pack away). I didnt eat this as you all know by now that I despise dark meat chicken. Robin loved it!! It would be great with a sprinkling of cilantro too. Robin grated some sharp white cheddar over it. Not traditional, but very good.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Randi,

You left a message on my blog wanting to know about the website I'll be using to convert my blog to a book. This was the only way I could find to contact you. The website is: http://www.blurb.com/home/1/

You have quite a project going on, too. Good luck!

Julie

5:34 PM, October 08, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home