Monday, November 26, 2007

Broiled Tilapia Parmesean( ALL RECIPES)....



Normally, I can take or leave Tilapia. I bought some because last weekend, it was on a 2 day special for 2.99lb. Yesterday it was 11.49lb. Ridiculous I say, I refuse to pay that much for a farmed, bland fish. Anyway, when I bought it, I had the salesperson, vacuum seal it and I chucked it into the freezer.

I know you're not supposed to have cheese with fish, but this was so yummy. Years ago, my grandparents used to take me to this restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale called Sea Shanty( I think it was a chain). I always would get the fish oreganato style, very similar to this recipe.

Here, the fish is broiled on each side, and then slathered with a mix of butter, mayo, parmesean and a few spices. I did sprinkle Old Bay on both sides of the fish for more flavor. I also added some fresh chopped dill and some breadcrumbs to the coating mix. I used low-fat mayo and reduced the lemon juice. The original recipe is HERE. I'm sure this would be great on other types of fish too( although I wouldnt use it on salmon)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

We're back on the same wavelength. I'm making something like this tonight - I'm just going to wing it. I'm having flounder.

7:31 AM, November 26, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home