Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pancake day........




In honor of Shrove Tuesday, we had ricotta pancakes for dinner. These were very light and fluffy with a nice flavor. I had half a container of ricotta left over from some calzones I made last weekend. If you didnt have any ricotta, I think pureed cottage cheese would work as well. I used this recipe and the only change I made was to cut the syrup recipe in half and use half buttermilk and half skim milk in the pancakes. I also used half sugar free syrup and half maple( I mix it myself and keep it in a bottle in the fridge). We really enjoyed them.

Here is a bonus pancake that I made a few weeks ago. In a nearby beach town, there is a restaurant that serves wonderful plate sized gingerbread pancakes year round. I found a recipe on Homesick Texan's blog and whipped them up. We liked them a lot too, although I wouldnt call them light and fluffy. They were pretty heavy. I served them to my 9yr old niece and she didnt care for them at all.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never had ricotta pancakes and I am going to have to give them a try!

5:42 PM, March 02, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home