Friday, February 15, 2008

Skillet Chicken Pot Pie( CI)......



I cooked for the Seniors yesterday morning( got home at 2pm) so I wanted to make something easy for dinner. Robin loves chicken pot pie, but I'm not crazy about making pie dough. I saw this a few weeks ago on America's Test Kitchen and filed it away in my memory. The recipe came together pretty quickly. I made the biscuits first and to make it even faster, I just cut them into wedges rather than use a biscuit cutter. I've never made cream biscuits before, we were impressed. I did use White Lily flour and they rose nice and high.

The only changes I made to the recipe were to use fresh cooked( microwave) carrots instead of a frozen carrot/pea blend. I usually always have frozen peas on hand but not frozen carrots and peas. I also use a fine herb blend( penzey's) because I didnt have any thyme. I added some leftover red potatoes too.

You can find the recipe Here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, it looks delicious!

I'm with you on the pie crust thing. I LOVE to bake. I make cookies, cakes, etc... but somehow, anything that has to be rolled out, I just suck at.

(Oh, and there isn't a link to the recipe where it says "here")

8:39 AM, February 15, 2008

 
Blogger Randi said...

I've actually gotten pretty good at pie dough, I just had a case of lazy and tired last night.

I fixed the link. Thanks for letting me know.

8:49 AM, February 15, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home