Sunday, March 23, 2008

Marcy's Legendary Choc. Chip Cookies......





I mentioned before that I have a new job. I'm working( baking) for a caterer in who works out of a market in the old North section of London. In addition to preparing for catering job, my boss sells prepared foods( frozen and fresh) and lots of baked goods. He wanted to expand the repetoire so I suggested scones, cakes and some different cookies. I mentioned making big cookies ala Starbucks and did a trial run on Friday. The recipe I picked didnt work out so well( spread too much), although the flavor was good. I found this recipe based on the suggestion from the author of A Passion for Baking.
. I did a trial run yesterday baking two different sizes a 4.5oz ball and a 6.5 oz ball. I think we found a winner in the smaller ball, although its still a really large cookie. In addition to chocolate chips( I used chunks), the cookie also contains chopped chocolate( I used Bittersweet Pound Plus from Trader Joe's). I've always been a purist when it comes to CC cookies( I've never liked nuts) so these really hit the spot, crisp on the outside yet chewy on the inside. I portioned out the doughballs and frozen them and I'm going to bring one to work tomorrow to bake off so my boss can try it.

I really love A Passion for Baking. I checked it out of the library and then realized I had to buy it because I wanted to bake every single thing in it. Check it out, you wont be sorry!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home