Thursday, April 10, 2008

Grilled pizza's( Cook's Illustrated) and a puppy....




Robin and I have a favorite pizza place. We love it so much that we could eat it for breakfast( we havent), lunch or dinner. Unfortunately, the pizza place is in S. Florida. We're both a big fan of thin crust pizza though so we really enjoy this Cook's Illustrated recipe for grilled pizza. We hosted a small cooking get-together a couple weeks ago and I demonstrated the pizza dough, sauce and grilling method. One of the couple's brought their new dachshund puppy over and Oliver and Harley fell in love!! I've wanted another dachshund for awhile now and was hoping that the cute puppy would sway Robin( We're not having 3 dogs!!) but alas he didnt.

Nevertheless, we had great grilled pizza and a fabulous chopped salad. Some of the varieties I made were.
Pesto w/ grilled veg and goat cheese
marinara w/ pepperoni and fresh mozzarella
marinara w/ sun dried tomato chicken sausage, fresh mozzarella and romano.
bbq sauce, chicken, red onion, cilantro and mozz.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cookbook Junkie said...

Darn, I thought that was your new puppy. How cute that they all get along so well.

I should try some grilled pizza when the weather gets warm. I hate turning on the oven during the summer but I make pizza every Friday all year round.

7:08 AM, April 11, 2008

 
Blogger Colette said...

I'm intrigued by grilled pizza! How do you do it? It looks and sounds awesome. I imagine that the dough would fall through the grill racks considering it's so soft...do you put it on a pan or something?

12:12 PM, April 21, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home